Hepatron® 85 %
What is Hepatron® 85 %?
The functional component of the productHepatron® 85 % is betaine. Betaine or trimethylglycine
is a methylated derivative of glycine; a bipolar molecule
with three methyl groups.
Hepatron® 85 % is the optimized combination of two different betaine sources:
- Betaine hydrochloride - To fulfil the important function as methyl group donor.
- Betaine anhydrous - Also for covering the functions a methyl group donor. Additionally, it is able to offer highly effective physiological benefits due to its osmoregulatory effects.
Hepatron® 85 % combines these different sources in the
best way, for optimal nutritional and economic advantages in animal production.
Function 1: Methyl group donor
The methyl groups of betaine are removable and thereby
Hepatron® 85 % is able to work as a methyl group donor.
The donation of methyl groups is important for proper
liver function, cellular replication, and detoxification
reactions. It also plays a role in the production of carnitine
and kidney protection.
As a methyl group donor, betaine is more efficient
than choline chloride.
Applying Hepatron® 85 %, the addition of choline
chloride becomes unnecessary provided that the
ingredients supply sufficient endogenous choline to
Individual Hepatron® 85 % inclusion rates can be
calculated, depending on customer´s diets.
Function 2: Osmoregulation
Betaine accumulates in the cells, stabilizes the water
balance and protects the intestinal cells against
- Healthy intestinal mucosa
- Optimum nutrient intake
- Supporting coccidiostats´effect
- Drier litter
Positive influence on the carcass:
- Increased breast meat and less abdominal fat contents
- Decreased drip losses
Less energy requirement for maintaining cell metabolism:
- More energy can be used for extra growth
110 - 300 g Hepatron® 85 % / to final feed
> 1,100 g Hepatron® 85 % / to final feed
24 months after manufacturing date, if stored in a dry and
cool place in original packaging. This product is
in unopened bags.